Loading ... Please wait.
1. The removal of the provision which enabled low value Requisitions and related Purchase Orders to be approved by the same individual, as communicated by the CFO to all Offices on 16th September 2019.
2. Aligning the consistency of language on vendor creation and approval, and updating it to reflect additional control processes needed when changing vendor bank account information.
3. Further streamlining the ICF, e.g. by removing a redundant control (that bank signatories cannot approve vendors, in COs where there are 2 bank signatories), and authorizing GS7 staff in COs and GS6 staff in the GSSU to perform approval functions for POs, prepayments and no-PO vouchers up to $10,000.
4. Incorporating the recently issued reforms effected through the various rounds of BMS business process streamlining. These changes include:
a. authorising three vendor approvers for large offices with delivery above $50m per year;
b. clarifying functions that must be performed by staff, and functions where other contractual modalities may now be utilized per the streamlining exercises.
5. Consolidating the list of control functions to be performed by staff within a single section of the ICF.
6. Updates to include new business process services provided by the GSSU.
October 22, 2019 - The ICF has been revised to reflect the division of roles and responsibilities between country offices and GSSU with detailed guidance provided for the following 14 business processes services: bank-to-book (B2B) reconciliation; cash management; assets management; inventory management; vendor management; accounts payment processing; pay cycle; general accounting; travel processing; project financial closure and donor financial reporting; VAT processing; procurement: LTA Goods, Services and Works; and procurement: purchases over US$ 150,000 except IC; human resources services: (a) recruit, source, and select employees; (b) employee on-boarding; (c) manage employee performance, reward and retention; (d) manage employee well-being; (e) employee development and training; (f) administration of contracts, benefits and allowances; (g) administer payroll.
1) Increase the threshold above which Purchase Orders and E- requisitions are required from $2,500 to $5,000.
2)Increase the number of vendor approvers to three staff members in offices whose previous year delivery is above $50 million per year.
Section on Global Shared Service Unit was updated in May 2017.